Saturday, April 28, 2012

Non-Human Family Members

After hearing the individual wiki about Non-Human Family Members, I began to think about how excited I am for getting a puppy when I graduate. In the past, I had a family cat, named "Kitty"...HOW ORIGINAL (I know...) Anyways, I just can't wait until I can get myself a pup! There are quite a few things I don't think that college students take into account when they get a pet, so I thought of a few and thought I would share with others who are thinking about getting an animal, before they are actually ready. This advice is coming from someone who accidently got a dog 2 years ago (with an ex-boyfriend), when I wasn't ready... And now I miss him daily because he isn't mine anymore! I am just happy he is with people who have time to spend with him, than a student who spends her days at school...

TIME - You must have many many hours day-to-day to spend with a dog. Espcially when they are puppies, you must be ready to take care of another living being. This takes a lot of time from your day, when you are constantly going on walks and playing so they don't get fat in the house.

MONEY - Pet food costs money. Bottom line. If you have to work (for money) and go to school, you may not have a lot of TIME, so it's just not good.

While both of these things are something one can overcome, they are difficult at first. Finding a schedule that works for you will be the most important factor in getting a pet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment